July 11, 2013
Oak Bluffs Harbor, MA
Yes you read that correctly, I am back on the EAST COAST! After a redeye flight, a morning bus ride, and an afternoon ferry, I finally made it to Martha’s Vineyard! I was greeted by the summer humidity (that I have actually grown to miss), the smell of fresh seafood, grown men wearing pink Vineyard Vines shorts, and best of all, my family. Three hours of sleep? 14 hours of travel? Suddenly none of that mattered. We had cocktails, private beaches, shopping, and new restaurants to explore!
Vacationing here has been a tradition of ours since my early childhood and my summer just wouldn’t seem complete without visiting this beautiful island. Speaking of “islands”, the water out here is gorgeous, warm, and clear- almost tropical actually- and who doesn’t love that? Weirdos- that’s who!
Highlights so far:
- Margaritas with Mum outside at The Quarterdeck (Edgartown, MA).
- Fresh sushi dinner at The Lookout on the water (Oak Bluffs, MA).
- Eating homemade ice cream after every meal at Mad Martha’s (Oak Bluffs, MA).
- Jumping off the Jaws Bridge into the ocean (Oak Bluffs, MA).
- Finding new treasures in all of the quaint little shops (Oak Bluffs, Vineyard Haven, & Edgartown, MA).
Fashion on the Cape is very specific: preppy, expensive, colorful, and nautical. When we vacation there, we tend to pick up some of those trends and dress accordingly. My sister and I enjoy embracing this style, without breaking the bank, to achieve our Vineyard looks.